After a serious car accident, it can be a traumatic and difficult experience to go through. The New York personal injury attorneys at Itamar Levy & Associates are here to help you and guide you through the aftermath of your car accident. After a car accident you don’t want to fight with the insurance companies. The details matter and let our firm guide you. Our attorneys are help you and give your answers and direction 24/7.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Here are the 10 Steps
1) Stop and Assess – Assess this situation immediately. Is anyone injured? How many other vehicles are involved in this accident, and are other people in those vehicles okay? Stay calm but move quickly to get clear of any more potential danger. Do not leave the scene. Driving away from the scene of an accident can add criminal charges.
2) Call 911 – Even if no one is seriously injured, it is important to have a police report when you file a claim for car repairs. When someone is injured, the police report will be equally important when filing a personal injury claim. The police report is essential.
3) Get Medical Attention – If you are injured or in pain, get medical attention immediately
4) Move Cars – If possible, move all vehicles out of traffic lanes and off the roadway. If not, call a tow truck immediately. If you hit someone else’s vehicle or property but they are not present, leave a note with you contact and insurance information.
5) Document the Accident and Exchange Information – Collect all the documents and information you will need to make your accident report. You need your driver’s license and insurance policy information, and proof of financial responsibility. If the car you were driving is owned by someone else, you all will need their information. If there are any witnesses get their information. Never admit fault, because even if you think the car accident was caused by your mistakes, that may not be the case.
6) Take Pictures – It is important to take pictures of the accident scene as soon as possible. Even before moving your vehicles off the roadway. If you or anyone in your vehicle have visible injuries, take pictures of those too. Take pictures of the location as well.
7) Call Itamar Levy & Associates – Even if you believe your injuries are minor, they may turn out to be more severe than you think. Even before contacting your insurance company we suggest you contact your personal injury attorneys at Itamar Levy & Associates.
8) Contact You Insurance Company – Always contact your insurance company of any accident you’ve been in, and cooperate with adjusters an their team. Very important that the insurance company does not represent you but your attorney does. They may not always have your best interests in mind. Always weigh advice from your attorney before signing any papers from insurance agencies.
9) Get Copies of All Medical Records – When someone is injured in a car accident, you are also working with health insurance. This can be very complex and the documents can be voluminous. It’s important to keep an active log of each doctor seen and every medical record on file.
10) Organize your documents and make an appointment to meet with Itamar Levy & Associates – All of the records, police report, medical records, insurance information, pictures and anything else you have please provide to our staff.
Experienced New York City and Long Island Personal Injury Attorney
The attorneys at Itamar Levy & Associates are experienced, compassionate, and aggressive legal representation for individuals and families suffering due to all types of car crashes in New York City and Long Island. Over a decade of representing serious car accident victims , he has successfully handled numerous cases involving accidents such as the ones mentioned below.
Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving is a growing problem in the greater New York City Metropolitan Area (NYC, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Yonkers, Nassau and Suffolk). Distracted drivers injure and kill innocent victims every day, and they deserve to be held accountable for their poor decisions. If you were injured in an accident caused by a driver who was talking, texting, eating or drinking, taking photos, or using social media behind the wheel, we want to help you win fair compensation for your injuries.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk drivers can face criminal penalties as a result of their mistakes, but these penalties do nothing to compensate their victims in the wake of a traumatic accident. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a drunk driving accident. Itamar Levy can help you pursue a personal injury claim against the drunk driver’s insurance company.
Itamar Levy has extensive experience in cases involving hit and run accidents. These cases present many distinctive issues, and securing fair compensation requires the ability to skillfully address these issues in a timely manner. If you need to seek compensation for an accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, please contact our firm to guide you during this difficult time.
High Speed Collisions
Itamar Levy has handled number High-speed collisions. High-speed collisions can result in physical, emotional and sometimes fatal injuries. In high-speed collisions, a vehicle undergoes tremendous force and impact and the people involved can be at serious risk of injury.
Negligent Driving Accidents
Itamar Levy routinely handles car accident cases involving driver negligence. Along with distracted and drunk driving, there are countless other forms of driver negligence that can lead to avoidable accidents that cause life-changing injuries. Negligent car accident cases involving all types of driver negligence, includes speeding, running red lights and stop signs, merging errors, tailgating, and other mistakes.
T-Bone Accident/Side Impact Collisions
Side impact collisions are very serious and common accidents. A side impact collision occurs when the front of an oncoming vehicle strikes the side of your vehicle. This type of accident is also known as being t-boned. Many of these incidents occur at intersections as the result of a failure to yield at a stop sign or red light. Itamar Levy rountinely handles cases that deal with t-bone or side impact car accidents.
Uninsured/Underinsured Driver Accidents
Itamar Levy & Associates has significant experience in cases involving uninsured and underinsured motorists. Itamar Levy routinely represents clients in uninsured/underinsured claims against their own insurance companies.
Road Defect Car Accident
Itamar Levy & Associates has significant experience in cases involving a car accident caused by road defect. To prove a road defect was present or that there was a design or manufacturing defect, you need an experienced car accident attorney. Look no further than Itamar Levy & Associates.
How much does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
At Itamar Levy & Associates, PLLC, it costs you nothing out of pocket to hire attorneys with years’ of legal experience to handle your case. We handle all cases on a contingency basis, which means that we only get paid if you win just compensation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation at Itamar Levy & Associates, PLLC
To learn more about how a car accident lawyer in New York City or Long Island can help you seek maximum compensation for a car accident in New York, call or click to arrange your free initial consultation. You can reach us 24/7 at (347) 685-4510 by phone or text message, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a callback as soon as possible.